|High Performance Painting Tips By A Professional
House Painting by:
|Jamar Remodeling Inc
Building trust and Quality in North Carolina
|Jamar Properties offers custom home building and house remodeling services in the Charlotte – Concord area, NC
Please call us at 704-796-1437 or email us at : Marlen@JamarHouses.com
Address: 229 Patrick Avenue, Concord, NC 28025
IN THESE days of rising costs, many people are looking for ways to
economize. It is not genuine economy to neglect upkeep and let your property
get run down. You might save money by doing some of the work yourself For
example, have you thought about doing some of your own house painting? It is
Furthermore, there is real satisfaction in doing things with your own hands,
especially when the results are good. These painting tips will help you get it
right the first time. Keep reading to unlock the secrets of a practically perfect
The secret of successful decorating is good preparation! Have you noticed
how long professional painters take to prepare surfaces for painting, in
comparison with the time it actually takes to do the job? If you are doing it
yourself, do not skimp on time and effort when getting ready.
Enjoy these powerful painting Tips:
- Good Prep Makes the Job Easier. Giving dingy walls a fresh coat of
paint spruces up your living space. But if you paint over dust, grime, and
other dirt you will not like the result. If you do a thorough job prepping to
paint, the project will go quickly and smoothly. The most important prep
- Wash and wipe down the surfaces
- Make small repairs as needed
- Tape off baseboards
- Protect floors and furniture
- Tape off doors and window frames
- Take Time to Tape. Taking the time to tape might seem like
unnecessary delay, but it is essential. Use blue painter’s tape around
anything you want to protect from paint – baseboards, ceilings, window
and door frames, remove electrical outlet covers.
- Cut the corners, doors, windows and ceiling line. Beginning at a
corner, cut and paint a 2 to 3 inch trim brush. Cut in only as much area as
you will be able to roll. Brush on paint at the line where the wall and
ceiling meet. You can tape off the ceiling or you can carefully brush on
paint at the ceiling line, if you have a steady hand.
- Use Primer. Primer seals stains and gives you a clean surface on which
to paint. Remember if your walls are stained or if you are painting a
lighter color, primer is a must.
- Use the Best Tools You Can Afford. House painting is easier when
you use quality brushes and rollers. You do not have to be concerned
about bristles sticking to the wall. Sometimes a bad paint job has nothing
to do with the painter but everything to do with bad quality tools.
|A wise painter prepares before starting any project
- Take Care of Your Brush. Your brush will be a pleasure to use as long as you pay
attention to proper loading, cleaning, and storing recommendations:
- Shaping and Storing your brush. Wash the brush with soap and water, shape the
bristles, and let them dry. Then wrap the brush in the cardboard cover it was sold.
The bristles should be held in shape but no squeezed.
- Loading the brush. Dip the brush into the paint only one third the length of the
bristles. If you go deeper, you will waste paint and make a mess.
- Control the moisture: Most of the paint problems are the results of moisture attacking
from underneath the paint. The solution is adequate ventilation.
- Handling Interruptions: If your work gets interrupted for an hour or less, leave the
brush in the paint. Position the brush so that the paint covers the tip of the bristles only.
For longer interruptions, wrap the brush in a brush in a foil or plastic.
- Keep a rag around: carry a clean, damp rag in your back pocket. The moment you
brush beyond the area that should receive paint, wipe the excess paint off with the rag.
When you have finished painting for the day, what will you do? It is wise to remove all
paint spots before they dry too hard. Also, clean the roller and brush. As you do your work,
exercise care. If you are not in too much of a hurry, you should be able to do a presentable
job. And not only will you save on expenses but, more importantly, you will have the
satisfaction of accomplishment, having something beautiful and enduring to show for your