|10 Odd-Ball Cleaning Tips
Professional home cleaners share their secrets...
House Cleaning Services by:
Building trust and Quality in North Carolina
THE following are a number of cleaning tips have been helpful to many
homemakers. Of course, circumstances differ in each home, so that what may
be a time-saver to one may not help another. However, perhaps you can benefit
from these practical suggestions.
1. Remove food buildup from stoves. The most effective way to remove
food buildup on the flat topped stoves is to simply use an inexpensive
glass scrapper. Use a fresh blade to remove the residue around the heat
2. Squeeze on Sponges. Sponges are a bacteria’s paradise. They are
moist and have tiny traces of food embedded in it. Your sponge will no
longer be a bacteria colony when you put it in the dishwasher before you
wash a load. Germs do not take kind to the heat.
3. Wet Work Cleaning Tips. A damp microfiber cloth can clean 90
percent of most surfaces quickly and safely. Use a damp cloth by itself or
with diluted dish detergent.
4. Use Mats to keep dirt out; Start at the entrance. Eighty percent of the
dirt that comes into your home comes in the bottom of shoes. Placing mats
and wiping the shoes before entering will remove 80 percent of the dirt.
5. Cleaning Apron — Buy or make an apron with large pockets (or use a
clothespin apron) to carry some of your rags, sponges, etc., or to use for
stray items you pick up as you clean.
6. Protect the floor when moving heavy furniture — Slip an old sock or
mitten over each of the legs (you may have to use string or a rubber band to
hold them up) so that the legs will not damage the floor and the piece will be
easier to move.
7. Energy saver — Alternate hard tasks with easy ones. Start with
something strenuous, such as mopping and waxing the kitchen floor, and
then do an easier job, such as sorting dirty clothes or mending. If you have
been on your feet ironing, try to make the next job one you can do while
8. Venetian blind “gloves” — To wash venetian blinds at the window, wear
a cotton glove or an old sock dipped in a pail of thick suds. Squeeze out the
9. Stain Removal 101. Clean spills immediately. The longer the stain sets,
the more stubborn it becomes. Use a white clean rag to remove the stain.
When working with fabrics, always blot – never rub. Rubbing breaks down
the fibers and weakens the material.
10. Clean popcorn textures ceilings. Slip three lint roller replacement
tubes over the metal base of a paint roller. Attach the roller to your extension
handle and roll the ceiling to remove cobwebs without smearing the
cobwebs or scattering the popcorn compound everywhere.
Cleanliness Does Make a Difference
Pleasant surroundings have a cheering effect. The favorable comments of others
about our tidy home can likewise be stimulating.
|Cleaning Tip #3 will help you keep your sink clean
|Cleaning tip # 4 will eliminate the germs from
the sponge in your sink